- Contact Information and Complaints
MONO Skincare, H10 Whitesands, South Lantau, New Territories Hong Kong SAR.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Third-Party Links
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The types of personal data we collect, use and store about you will depend on your use on our Website and/or the nature of your interaction with us. When using our Website, we may collect and process the following types of personal data:-
- your first name, last name (“Identity Data”);
- your billing address, delivery address and email address (“Contact Data”);
- your bank account and payment card details (“Financial Data”);
- details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us (“Transaction Data”);
- your IP address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Websites or the App (“Technical Data”);
- your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses (“Profile Data”);
- information about how you use our Website (“Usage Data”); and
- your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences (“Marketing and Communications Data”).
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
- Direct Interactions
We collect Identity Data, Contact Data and Financial Data about you that you provide to us by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:-
- purchase our products;
- register on our Website;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- request other marketing material to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us in any way or form.
- Automated Technologies and Interactions
As you interact with our Website we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
A cookie cannot give us access to your computer or to information beyond what you provide us and we don't store personally identifiable information such as your name or address in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience on our Website. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the Website and use them for research purposes.
When you visit our Website, you may notice some cookies that are not related to MONO SKINCARE. If you go on to another website that contains embedded content, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third Parties
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, analytics providers and other third party providers of services).
We will receive personal data about you from such third parties as set out below:-
- Technical Data and Usage Data from analytics providers such as Google, based inside and outside the EEA;
- Contact Data, Financial Data and Transaction Data from our provider of payment services
- Contact Data from delivery services
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Data Usage
We are committed to only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (“Performance of Contract”).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (“Legitimate Interests”).
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation (“Legal Obligations”).
We will use your personal data for the following purposes, and pursuant to the corresponding legal bases:
- Registration as a new customer
- Processing and delivery of your order
- Enabling you to take part in a give away, competition or complete a survey
- Administration and protection of our Website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support reporting and hosting of data)
- Delivery of relevant website content and advertisements to you and understanding the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- Using data analytics to improve our Website, our products, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- Suggestions and recommendations about goods that may be of interest to you
- Marketing and Promotional Offers
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity Data, Contact Data, Technical Data, Usage Data and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing emails and newsletters from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have expressly consented to receiving such marketing emails and newsletters.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
- Opting Out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:-
- by contacting us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- by following the opt-out links on any newsletter or marketing message sent to you.
Where you opt-out of receiving these marketing messages or newsletters, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase which we will continue to process in order to perform a contract with you or as a result of our regulatory or legal obligations.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential, except we may disclose your personal data to the following parties (who may be located, and use your personal data, outside of Hong Kong):
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureaus, or collection agencies where necessary to establish and support the payment of any products and services being requested by you; and
We do not provide your personal data to any other third parties unless your prior express consent is obtained. We may transfer anonymous and aggregated data to third parties from time to time, which may include your personal data in an anonymous format and which does not allow the third parties to identify you in any way other than on our own Site.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data.
In some circumstances, we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
PRIVACY OF MINORS
We do not collect or consciously request information from users under the age of 18, nor do we consciously allow such users to register with our services, except with parental consent. Our services and their contents are not intended for children under the age of 18.
If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without parental consent, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
If you believe we have any information about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.